Friday, October 15, 2010

Memphis

There was no barbeque, which was a sad thing, but there was lots of visiting and catching up with family and friends. My mom (yes, the one that called me a "Quaker" for wanting to make my own crib bedding) decided to throw me a "surprise" baby shower. It was with much anxiety that I agreed to her demands... you'd have to know her. I'd say it was a successful visit- we made it back alive! All in all it was fun and we have another trip planned after the fetus is ex-utero.














Pictured are: My Granny, me and my GIGANTIC belly, Mary (the saintly mother-in-law who dared to come on the adventure), my older and more tan twin/Mom. The second picture is of my Dad and his father. My Papaw has got to be the funniest 90yr old I know- he keeps lizards as pets, loves to grow anything in the dirt and can accomplish this anywhere (just ask my aunt about her flower beds) and has become quite the surly old man. He was ready to go after the first 10 minutes and told me as he entered the room,"You're a pudgy one, ain'tcha?". Then he proceeded to giggle. No exaggeration here. The last picture is of me and Ashley, my middle school band friend/highschool ROTC comrade/Chik-fil-A breakfast partner. She was the main attraction of my visit to Memphis-and was married on 10-10-10 (to help her husband remember the date, I'm sure...).

3 comments:

  1. I'm envious of you and your "gigantic" belly. So cute! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great. Your baby quilt is amazing. This really made me what chick-fil-a breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see you and your belly really soon!

    ReplyDelete