Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Great Debate

Should we buy a crib or use the pack and play as a make-shift bed for the lil guy coming soon?

We can't decide and so.. well, thought maybe you (Mr. Internet, who reads this thing anyway???) could give us some feedback. To truly understand this dilemma we find ourselves in, I'll give you a little background.

Whilst in the Memphis, I received the crib I used when I was little and we carted it all the way back to the Cincinnati. It's a nice piece for being aged, don't get me wrong, but it's also missing an important part to set up the crib. So we scratched that idea and went looking for other ways to welcome home baby. A friend so graciously gave us her crib, but there is a slight problem with it as well.... it smells. Like smoke. I've tried loads of things to get the smell out, but it's more stubborn than me and I give. Scott sees this as a "sign" that we don't need a crib- I would like to have a "normal" bed for the baby- call me crazy (is it because I'm pregnant or just becoming more like my mother? Can't say yet...). What say ye?

2 comments:

  1. Well, here's my 2 cents, take it or leave it.

    I agree with you. We had a bassinet in the beginning (that, HELLO, my mom saved for me...it was mine when I was born) but long story short, we used it for only a couple days and I just decided none of us were getting sleep with him in our room with us, so he got booted to his crib in his own space. And I think it's been the absolute BEST thing for him-- he's used to his crib (not all beds feel the same) and believe it or not, that's a BIG deal. Babies are hard enough to train to sleep as it is. Throw in new places to sleep and you're never going to get the zz's you need.

    We use the pack n play occasionally when we're traveling but Aaron doesn't sleep as well in it. On the other hand, our friends here have ONLY used the pack n play for their baby and it works for them. But I think they'll be singing an entirely different tune the day they try to put him into a crib-- this thing he's never seen before that isn't right by mom and dad.

    Anyway, call be crazy but that's what I think. I was so nesting crazy the week Aaron was due and we didn't have his crib yet, so i FINISHED IT MYSELF and got it put together the night I went into labor. Haven't regretted it yet ;) BTW HOW ARE YOU DOING MS PREGGO-LEGGO?! We need to chat. Dare to call me sometime? I'm a lame stay-at-home mom who has nothing but time on her hands. Please, please oh please move here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this thing! I would vote for a crib, but only because it's more pleasing to my eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete