Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sleeping in is fun to do

As it gets cooler, I find that I require more sleep than in the summer. Anyone else discover this truth in their life? Maybe the amount of daylight plays a part in my need, but nevertheless, it's a need to be reconciled. Working early is hard for me, but I prefer it to working late because I must be on a normal schedule to feel emotionally and physically stable. Over the last few weeks, I have NOT been a good girl about going to bed at a decent time (for my 6am job). Within the last week I have felt the stress of sleep deprivation and decided it was time to change. So... I went to bed early (okay... I fell asleep although I wasn't trying to...) around 8:30, 9:15, etc this week. Today was my day off work, and class was cancelled because of the ASHA convention in New Orleans, so I slept a whopping 12 hours last night. And it felt so good. Every second.

2 comments:

  1. I sleep so much more too! I think it's the fact that it's darker earlier, and the fact that my sister won't let me turn on the heat so I get in bed because I'm cold! I guess it's ok since she's the one paying for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sleeping in is the best! I don't necessarily sleep MORE in the winter, but I always find it harder to get out of bed - it's just so much warmer/comfier/better than going to work.

    ReplyDelete