Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Progress

Just in case you were wondering, I still look like a balloon in the middle.

BUT, I got good news today at my Dr. appt. I'm at 4cm and my water could break anytime. She asked if I was having contractions and I told her they were regular at night but I was too lazy/asleep to time them, and that I hadn't noticed any during the day. "Do you have any pain?" "No, just some back pain, but other than that I feel fine." She was a little surprised that I wasn't more uncomfortable I guess? They almost admitted me right to the hospital from my check-up, but I told them what I was going to do, oh yes I did. I told them that I needed to go home and pack a bag and buy some stuff and put a carseat in the car and make dinner and that I would see them when my water broke because I live 10 min away. They said, "umm... okay".

Being stubborn has it's advantages sometimes...

Scott, on the other hand, decided it might be best to take his exam early afterall. He had about an hour to study (as opposed to 2 days) and left in a hurry. He also cancelled Scouts in the hopes that by the time his test was over I'd be able to go to the hospital. But then he asked if he could play a pick-up bball game at 9 if I wasn't in labor by then and promised to keep his phone volume at max level. What to do with him?

Stay tuned....

3 comments:

  1. haha! I love how you tell the Dr what you are doing. Oh, Scott...
    Hope the baby comes soon and without much pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you update soon! Can't wait to hear what happened!

    ReplyDelete