Thursday, June 25, 2009

it's funny when...


you and your husband have the same outlook. Example: I was surfing online today when I saw the news about Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett. I contemplated texting Scott, but then decided against it. Not 2 minutes later, Scott and I had this converstion via text messaging:

Scott: Michael Jackson just died.

Me: I know, I was about to tell you and then I thought "I don't care... why would he?"

pause...

Me: Farrah Fawcett died too.

Scott: I was going to tell you that, but then I thought "she won't care, and neither do I."


I guess we're both still in mission mode when it comes to worldly things. That's okay by me, and, apparently, Scott too!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you guys- it's good to stay that way as long as you can. I felt pretty complacent about it when I heard. I don't even know much about Farrah but I was feeling that about Michael I think because I wrote him off once the allegations surfaced about him. I do remember growing up on his music though. I was so excited to get a "we are the world" record from my LIFE cereal box! Pretty much the best unifying song of that generation. Hope that doesn't date me too much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I WAS SO SAD! My mom LOVED Farrah...and MJ, c'mon, I rocked his music my whole life. It made me sad. I think it made me more sad that Farrah's death was overshadowed by MJ's though..she had been suffering for a long time :( haha Matt and I both texted each other at the same time BTW...I guess we do care about worldy things

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - awesome conversation! :)

    ReplyDelete