Saturday, May 9, 2009

Google is my new best friend!


I forgot to tell my miracle!


For the last 3 months or so, I've really gotten into the whole family history scene. My class really launched me into a fixation on finding my relatives, so that's mostly what I do when I'm bored at the office (which is everday). Yesterday, I was so bored that I googled my name. It came up with a blog that had my birthdate and parents and 2 brothers on it, so I was really intrigued as to how someone else had all this info on their personal website. Come to find out, this lady paid a genealogist to research her family line for a family reunion back in 2005. I was shocked! How had I not done this before....I totally would have earned an A in my FH class last semester! Golly! She has found so much information on my maternal grandfather's side. (of course I need to verify it...) My great grandma Mabel's line is all the way back to Norway in the 17oo's and her husband's line is just as far back there- complete with pictures too! The picture attached is Bessie Torkelsen, my great grandma Mabel's mother. I know it's weird to say, but I felt inspired to goof around on the computer yesterday and search my name. Thus, google is now my new best friend.


PS- I googled your name Melissa to see what I could find for your family history. All I got was that you went to Apollo High and were in the choir! Maybe you'd be a little more familiar with the names, so I'd suggest doing it. It's like a box of chocolates.......

4 comments:

  1. That is so cool!!! Family history is the coolest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha i love it! i know, my name will forever be on Apollo's website-- I'm not sure why? haha it's been years now. that's such an awesome find for you tho!!!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think I'm crazy when I say that I see a family resemblance? What an awesome find! BTW, how was the festival?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Work Ally! With pictures even... that is so exciting! I've been a complete slacker when it comes to family history now that we dont have our class making me get things done! You've inspired me to do better!

    ReplyDelete