Saturday, May 9, 2009

Riverfest

So apparently Wichita has life afterall! There's a festival for 9 days that everyone goes crazy over called riverfest. Yesterday Ashley and I went to see what all the hullabaloo was about. You buy a groovy tye-dyed button for 5 bucks and it gets you into all the fun you could ever want...or so they say. Good thing we only live about half a mile away, that means I can walk there and get more exercise in!!! (just what I wanted!) They have a funnel cake eating contest that I will be attending... and if I had started my competition a week later, would be entering because I heart funnel cakes. (why are fried foods so tasty??) They also have the band Kansas coming, a parade with floats, fireworks, bull-riding, got milk? pictures (FREE! YES!), car giveaways, art shows, free museum admissions, etc. You get the picture. I'm so excited to actually get out and do something!
Also, our office met the sales goal for last week so we win a prize! FREE dinner and a movie on APX... I'm liking this place more and more!

3 comments:

  1. haha i'm so glad you're having a good time!!! i love love loved apx dinners on saturdays-- but we didn't have no riverfests :) yay for crazy Wichita-- ugh i get the chills every time i think about that town now. stupid killers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Summer (well- obviously officially Spring now, but there are some warm days here and there eh?) festivals and fairs and things like this. Ahh. Makes me want to bbq and watch fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS- We missed you guys this weekend in Ohio... and we miss you in Utah. Um yeah. We just miss you.

    ReplyDelete