Saturday, May 2, 2009

a passion


I love to write letters! I wrote a thank-you note today and realized how much I miss having a whole preparation day to sit and write family and friends. Although blogging is enjoyable, it's just not the same; not as personal. There's no handwriting indicative of feeling or tone, no envelope to seal, no stamp, no anticipating the delivery... I must say, though, the one drawback to snail-mail is no return letter. Oh where can I find a pen pal that will correspond?

5 comments:

  1. me! me! although, i might suck at that. it sounds like homework haha ok, not me, not me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ally you are so good to enjoy that... the penmanship, the stamps... ah. I'm so impatient and get frustrated that my thoughts don't come out fast enough but I get that taking the time to sit and write can be very soothing. I don't know if you're a Jane Austen fan but I think you would enjoy the era she writes in, good letter writing was considered to be quite an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ally, you are just trying to get on Granny's good side, aren't you? If you send her mail you know you'll get lots of Suzy Zoo cards back.

    We're jealous of the Barnards. We needed a sitter on Saturday night and I thought to myself "those were the days, when Scott & Ally lived here". We left the kids home alone, can you believe it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know it... I try to win over all of Scott's side of the family because mine already adores me.
    I can NOT believe that you left your children at home by themselves. What happened???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing! That's what is so great. The girls tucked the boys in and we were only a mile away at stake conference while the girls watched movies and the boys slept.

    ReplyDelete